1.5.12

Summer Flowers blanket colours

The Summer Feeling blanket ta-dah moment is approaching. In the meanwhile, a couple of words about the yarns and colours - of which there were many. I used 8 different colours of Drops Paris yarn and Rowan Handknit cotton 15 different ones. I first started with only colder tones but then decided the feeling was not what I wanted and so I added a couple of warmer orange/brown tones and some darker (aubergine and navy) as well. And that turned out just right. I like the bulky soft feeling of the Drops Paris. I used a 4,5mm hook with this blanket so this was also quite a fast one to make.

Warm oranges, yellows and reds...

 Some blue, turquoise, aqua...
 Greens, pistachhio, olives...
 And some pink and rose...
The navy one is not in the pictures so all together 23 different colours. And I used to think I am not a color person.

No comments:

Post a Comment